Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I Leave Kansas

I was packing as fast as possible. Not one more night in Kansas. There was a knock on the door. It was the campus Catholic Priest. He looked around the room and shook his head. "Can we talk?" he asked.

I sat on my bed and put my hands in my lap and sighed. "There is only one thing you can do for me," I said, and I handed him the book I used in the exorcism. "Take this and do whatever you do with things like this". He understood, for he took it from me.

"You did something very dangerous," he said.

"Indeed," I replied.

"What did you see?" he asked.

I thought hard. "I can't tell you. It is impossible. I fear, I saw the future". I shuddered. His grave look deepened.

"I will pray for you, " he said,

"Thank you," I said, sighing again. "It isn't that simple. Trust me on this."

He said. "Maybe we can help." I stared at him. It dawned on me that now I had truly lost my innocence. It was only a matter of making best of what was going to happen, my choices were set. The path of Thorns opened up to my eyes and I had to walk barefoot on it. "It is OK, really, don't worry about me."

He pressed me, "I think it would be best if you tell me what happened."

I stood up. 'I tried to change fate. I failed. I made it worse. I heard, the only reason she climbed into the false ceiling was to prove me wrong! I will have to pay for this. I was at fault".

He asked, "Is this the only time you could see?"

I laughed. "Unfortunately....now I know what the curse of Cassandra really was. The worst thing that can happen is to be believed".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home